What pushes your buttons?
I hate finding out that my phone needs charging and lo and behold my charger is nowhere to be found. That really irks me. And worse, if your family is anything like mine who seems to think that I know exactly where everything is in our house all the time so hearing a “Dean where’s my charger” or “Mum, where’s the iPad” charger?” all the time absolutely drives me up the wall.
Wouldn’t it be great though if we could charge all our gadgets at once with just one charger? Not just our phones, but other gadgets as well? Wouldn’t that be absolute bliss?
Guess what? Yes we can!
Introducing udoq, the first universal docking station not just for our smart phones, but for iPads and iPods as well. Say good-bye to the perennial question of “Where’s my charger?” With udoq, all you need to do is slide your smart-phone and other gadgets in one docking station. No more bumping heads under the table just to find the charger. Everything fits in one dock.
What we love about udoq
1. My desk suddenly seems less cluttered. No more different chargers lobbed on it with leads trailing under the desk to an overloaded socket. I love the convenience of having all our gadgets in one place.
3. I love that I don’t have to worry about where the charges are and that they are now safely tucked away, only to be taken out when travelling.
4. I love the sleekness of the design.
It’s really simple actually, all you need to do is find the correct slot to fit in your phone. You don’t have to worry about whether your phone will fit, because it is a universal dock and will be able to charge all kinds of smart phones.
Just slot in your phone, your iPad or any of your other gadgets.
Then connect the USB port to your laptop or desktop.
Do you have loads of gadgets?
My husband and I are not gadget people, we only have two smart phones and an Ipad Air 2. We work from my MacBook Pro, a Samsung laptop and his desktop. That’s about it, but they are switched on for most of the day – which means that we can charge simultaneously. If you have more than one and are worried that it won’t fit in the udoq, you’ll be pleased to know that it comes in four different lengths: 250mm, 400mm (like in the photos on this post), 550mm and 700mm. The longest one apparently can charge a tablet, an iPod and six smartphones. You can also customise and order any connector cables that suits your needs.
What we don’t like about it:
1. While it’s great to have the convenience of having all your gadgets in one place, you will need to plug your udoq using a USB port either on your laptop or desktop. This won’t be good news for households who have neither a desktop or a laptop and just rely on their iPads or tablets. The good news is that they will release a charging adaptor in February 2017.
2. I find it a bit pricey. The starter kit’s (250mm) retail price is at 99 Euros. And the longest starter kit is priced at 179 Euros.
However if price isn’t a factor, I think it’s worth getting, especially if it means peace of mind or stress-free moments for your wife or whoever is in charge of “knowing where everything is” in your household, then I guess it’s one of those gadgets that are worth paying for.
Have I piqued your interest yet? Visit their kickstarter page to find out more about this universal dock. Backers get 50% discount till the 12th of October.
What do you think of this idea?
Yay or nay?
* PRESS SAMPLE. Opinions and photos are by yours truly.