While admittedly summers here in the UK can be a bit of hit-and-miss, there are days when it can really be warm too. A few weeks ago, I remember walking doing the school run in the afternoon and chatting to one of the mums in T’s school. We both remarked on how lovely the good weather was and she said “I heard it’s going to be even hotter over the weekend. Temperatures will be even higher than Ibiza!” I don’t remember though if what she said really happened, but yes, like she said temperatures here can also rival the high temperatures in warmer countries. Not always, but it has been known to happen 😉
As parents, apart from ensuring our children use the proper sun-cream, it’s also important to make sure that they are also wearing the right kind of kids swimming costumes.
This sun jacket from Platypus Australia Girls with UPF50+ is perfect for little girls who loves to play under the sun like little T. I think it’s better to use on the beach instead of a regular hoodie or one of those towelling cover-ups because of the material which gives extra protection from the sun.
And then there’s the matching Platypus Australia Girls UPF50+ Kaleidoscope Lycra Boardie. I think it’s the cutest little shorts, perfect for playing in the sun and sand.
What we love about the whole outfit:
- As mentioned, it’s great to use when the sun is at its peak. Perfect for those days when it’s really hot. It boasts of a UPF50+ protection. What more can a parent ask for?
- I love that because of its material, it dries up easily. If your little one is like T who loves playing in the sand and sun no matter the weather, this sun jacket is a must.
- Little T and I also love the fun design. It’s not too girly and it’s not in pink. I find it really annoying when shopping for swim wear for T and all you get are swimsuits in pink.
- The shorts is also perfect and like the jacket, also dries easily.
- Love that they can wear their swimsuit underneath.
What we dislike about it:
- My only negative comment about both the sun jacket and shorts is that they are a bit pricey than your regular swimwear. The sun jacket is priced at £24.95 and the shorts is £20.45. But then again, for me, it’s okay to pay more especially when the product is good and durable, don’t you think?
Now here’s to hoping that the weather will be better than the day T took her sun jacket and shorts for a test run. One thing I can add though is that, the sun jacket also kept little T warm that day.
Would you be willing to pay for swimwear that costs a little bit more than the rest?
* House of Fraser kindly sent the said products to us for the purpose of this review, however all photos and opinions are by yours truly.