While I don’t have a sweet tooth, I can never say no to cake.
When someone offers you cake, you say, “Yes please” and “Thank you”.
This would actually make a lovely Father’s Day present.
It was my husband’s birthday last Saturday. When Baker Days asked if we’d like a sample of their cake, we of course, said, “yes please”. In case you didn’t know, it’s part of “Life’s Rules to Happiness: Thou shall not say no to cake, ever.”
I wasn’t expecting the cake to arrive on his birthday though, especially since I sent our details late Thursday night. Had I known I would’ve had the cake personalised more, after all, that’s what Baker Days cake are all about, personalised cakes you can design anyway you want it.
The letter box cake (as seen in the photos) is their latest addition to their designs. I think the idea is, it’s small enough to fit through your post-box, and it is. I know this because I tried to fit it through our letter-box. Our postie rang our doorbell though, he didn’t want to slide it through, probably worried that it was going to ruin whatever it was inside the box.
I chose the “Officially the best dad in the world”cake. I thought it was going to be a nice little present for T’s dad after his birthday. Imagine my surprised when it arrived on the day itself.
What we liked about the cake:
1. I like the idea that it fits through the letter box.
2. Impressively fast delivery.
3. The vanilla sponge cake with buttercream was delicious.
4. Even though we didn’t use this feature, I like the fact that you can personalise it, whether it’s your own design or a particular photo you want to use.
What we didn’t like about the cake:
1. I think it’s a little bit too pricey for the size of the cake. Would I order it myself? Probably not. The letterbox gift cake as seen above costs £14.99. It comes with two party balloons and two birthday candles which was a nice touch, I still think it’s too much though.
And as you can see, T can never say no to cake either.
Note: We were sent the cake for the purpose of this review, but opinions and words are by yours truly.